Sunday, May 4, 2008

Saturday Trans Acitivity - Lindsay

Today I ended up running errands and meeting a friend.

I headed out for a hair appointment that was scheduled for 11:30am. I left my place at 11th and Clinton at 11:22am pretty much anticipating I was going to end up being late since my appointment was at 3rd and Bainbridge. I grabbed my TransPass hoping to catch a bus on the way down - not only to speed up getting down there but because I had sandals on that tend to hurt after walking too much! No bus ... walked all the way and rolled in about 10 minutes late.

Walked back towards my place in the early afternoon and had to stop by the grocery store on the way. Since I hate walking on South because it's too congested and can often smell funny, I took Lombard - even though I would technically end up backtracking to get to Whole Foods.

Later that afternoon walked to meet a friend at 7th and Bainbridge for coffee. I documented some footage along the way and noticed how many things take place along any one walk. There was a family walking around in sombreros (early Cinco de Mayo celebrants?!), a dog that went nuts around anyone or any dog that came near, a woman sweeping her steps who acted as if we knew each other, skateboarders who cut me off.... There's really any overwhelming amount of activity for the senses to process.

No comments: