Sunday, May 4, 2008

General Observations

Generally when in Center City I walk pretty much everywhere. Before I started working at Temple (in North Philadelphia) I ended up walking absolutely everywhere - and strangely found myself electing not to go places if it involved jumping on the bus or a train. Too much hassle? Probably more like I didn't have enough spare funds laying around (I rarely carry cash and rely on my debit card as if it was a lifeline!). I tend not to plan well in advance and will end up being late for a train because I had to stop by the MAC machine.

However, when I started working at Temple (just under a year ago), I got a TransPass to ride the bus to and from work every day. Whenever not heading to work, I prefer walking - mainly because I hate not being able to continuing moving. I find riding in cars or cabs almost torture - especially when you're trying to get around Center City at lunch time. You can barely move and sit through red light after red light....

But the TransPass has encouraged me to get in and around the city more. I've used it many times to take the subway to the stadiums, the train out of Center City and so on. The convenience of the TransPass was the secret for me ....

No comments: