Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Design Thinking Library

Between this class and an addiction to Amazon I started to feel like I was developing a "DESIGN THINKING LIBRARY" .... and then I thought ... we all probably are. To curb my book spending habit and to help others out along the way, I thought I'd post some of the books I have and offer them up to exchange for other books that you might have.



Managing As Designing
Editors: Richard Bolland and Fred Collopy









The Back of the Napkin
by Dan Roam








The Art of Innovation
by Tom Kelley











ZAG
by Marty Neumeier








Designing Interactions
by Bill Moggridge
(in process of reading this one)







Let me know if you're interested in any of these! Maybe we could exchange at the next meeting of our group!

3 comments:

Jacqueline Paquet said...

Lindsay,

This is a great idea! I wish I had thought of it before spending half my income at Barnes and Noble on design books.

I have a few titles to add to our book exchange as well, if anyone's interested.

-A Whole New Mind, Daniel Pink
-The Starfish and the Spider, Ori Brafman
-The Medici Effect, Frans Johansson
-10 Faces of Innovation, David Kelley
-Accidental Branding, David Vinjamuri
-The Rise of the Creative Class, Richard Florida
-Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It, Ressler and Thompson
-Web Form Design, Luke W.
-Metaphors We Live By, Mark Johnson
-Basic Black, Cathie Black
-Beyond Buzz, Kelly
-Happiness: Lessons from a New Science, Richard Layard
-Marketing Gurus, several authors
-The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell
-Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
-Never Eat Alone, Keith Ferrazzi
-Good to Great, Jim Collins

Jacqueline Paquet said...

Just to clarify, some of the books above are straight business books. But they are still available on loan to all :)

I also have Toothpicks and Logos by John Heskett too.

camerontw said...

Terry Winograd and Fernando Flores
_Understanding Computers and Cognition: A New Foundation for Design_

Charles Spinosa, Fernando Flores and Hubert Dreyfus
_Disclosing New Worlds: Entrepreneurship, Democratic Action, and the Cultivation of Solidarity_

Harold Nelson and Eric Stolterman
_The Design Way: Intentional Change in an Unpredictable World - Foundations and Fundamentals of Design Competence_

Donald Schon
_The Reflective Practitioner: How Professionals Think in Action_

Francesco Varela
_Ethical Know-How: Action, Wisdom and Cognition_

Eric Beinhocker
_The Origin of Wealth: Evolution, Complexity, and the Radical Remaking of Economics_